Tuesday, February 14th, 2012
by Sherry Castaldi
Category: Home Organizing
Is your office the epitome of a work station or a storage facility?
If your home office isn’t “working” for you, here are 10 Home Office Organizing Tips to help you get your office in efficient working order.
1) Designate an incoming mail area. We are all inundated with paper daily. Do not just lay it on your counter, desk or the first available space you find.
2) Have pre-determined and labeled bins or folders to sort your mail into.
3) When you are ready to look through your mail be prepared to sort it to the appropriated areas. Do not continue to pick up the mail, look through it and return it to an unsorted pile.
4) Keep your trashcan or paper recycling container close by so as you sort. Toss what you do not need.
5) Keep your shredder close by to shred any junk mail that you feel has sensitive information on it.
6) Keep as many items as possible off your desk and in appropriate files, drawers, containers or storage areas. You cannot work at your desk if your desktop is a storage facility unto itself.
7) Keep your “tools” such as pens, pencils, stapler, paperclips, etc together in an easy to reach top drawer or neatly in desktop containers.
8) Make a filing system that works for you. Have a place to file and store paper information and documents in your office.
9) If something no longer has a purpose to you, such as expired coupons, a broken stapler or anything irrelevant – dispose of it.
10) Your office space should feel good to you. If it’s cluttered and messy you won’t want to use it.
Remember: Staying Organized is an on-going process, just like laundry, cleaning, cooking, etc.
Mail, paper and clutter are incoming daily, so organizing what is incoming and maintaining organization is continuous as well.
With an organized system in place, maintaining an organized space is much easier and more time efficient!
Contact Sherry Castaldi at 610-524-2466 or E-Mail Sherry if you would like to discuss your home office organizing needs today!
Home Staging, Home Makeovers and Home Organizing for Chester County, PA, including the towns of Chadds Ford, PA, Chester Springs, PA, Downingtown, PA, Exton, PA, Malvern, PA, Phoenixville, PA, West Chester, PA. Also serving the Main Line towns of Paoli, PA, Berwyn, PA, Devon, PA, Wayne, PA, Radnor, PA, Villanova, PA, Bryn Mawr, PA, and Ardmore, PA, into the Philadelphia area.