Monday, February 11th, 2013
by Sherry Castaldi
Category: Home Staging
How does Home Staging benefit you when you are selling your home? If results and return on investment are important to you, read what Home Staging Resource lists as the “Top Ten Reasons You Should Professionally Stage Your Home.”
The mission of Home Staging Resource is to add integrity to the home staging industry by offering the most comprehensive HSR Certification staging program available to Professional Home Stagers. The HSR Certification Program, accredited by the Real Estate Staging Association (RESA), is the first and one of the only truly “Accredited” staging training programs available!
1. You Will Make More Money: According to the National Association of Realtors (NAR), the average staging investment is between 1 and 3 percent of the home’s asking price, which generates a return of 8 to 10 percent!
2. Your House Will Sell Faster which = More Money and Less Headache and Stress. A National Association of Realtors survey found that the longer a home stays on the market, the further below list price it drops. Homes that sold in the first 4 weeks averaged 1% more than the list price; 4 to 12 weeks averaged 5% less; 13 to 24 weeks averaged 6.4% less; than list price; and 24 weeks averaged more than 10% less than list price.
3. The Cost of Staging Doesn’t Cost A Dime. In a 2007 Home Gain Survey of over 2000 Realtors, it was discovered that home staging typically provides a 343% return on investment!
4. Most Home Sellers Cannot View Their House Objectively. If you can’t see objectively, you can’t “package” effectively. Have a staging professional get your home into its most advantageous condition for showing.
5. Your online photos will stand-out amongst the competition. According to a NAR profile of buyers, over 84% searched for homes online first before deciding to visit. Your photos of beautifully staged rooms will stand out among the competition!
6. Only 10% of Homebuyers Can Visualize the Potential of a Home. That’s why staging a home is critical! You don’t want the advantages of your home overlooked and left up to the buyer’s imagination.
7. The Longer Your Home is on the Market, the Lower the Price Will Be, So STAGE FIRST!According to a National Association of Realtors survey, homes that sold after 4 weeks on the market sold for 6% less then ones within the first 4 weeks! Don’t be in a position where you have to lower your price…have your house staged.
8. The Money You Make May Be TAX FREE! Take advantage of a possible tax-free capital gain by getting every dollar possible!
9. Leaving Your House in “AS IS” Condition Will Help Sell the Competition. Right now the number of homes for sale on the market is at a record high. Competition is stiff and buyers have very high expectations. Successful agents know that the key to selling competing is professional staging.
10. You Can Relax. You will have the satisfaction of knowing you have done absolutely everything possible to affect a quick sale of your most valuable commodity and for top dollar!
The above list is courtesy of Home Staging Resource. www.homestagingresource.com
Home Staging, Home Makeovers and Home Organizing for Chester County, PA, including the towns of Chadds Ford, PA, Chester Springs, PA, Downingtown, PA, Exton, PA, Malvern, PA, Phoenixville, PA, West Chester, PA. Also serving the Main Line towns of Paoli, PA, Berwyn, PA, Devon, PA, Wayne, PA, Radnor, PA, Villanova, PA, Bryn Mawr, PA, and Ardmore, PA, into the Philadelphia area.